Map

Thursday 30 June 2011

Do You Have Heart?

  During the workout “Amanda”, Heather dislocated her right shoulder. According to Crossfit rules, no athletes are allowed to be touched/assisted by anyone during the prescribed workouts. For 3 minutes,everybody watched as she screamed her way through the push press, used her good arm to throw her injured arm onto the pull-up bar for the Knee-To-Elbows. As the clock finally ran down she attempted one last touch to the bar before collapsing to the ground. After watching something like that, my stomach dropped and I wanted to cry for her. But I found myself more proud and humbled that she had the Heart to finish the workout. I don’t condone training or competing through injuries. In fact,trainers likes to safely push their athletes towards their goals. But Heather’s will and perseverance to keep trying brought me back to what it means to be an athlete. Competing in the games or for a spot in the games is probably one of the hardest things most of us at the gym can think of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment