Map

Friday 12 August 2011

What’s your nemesis?


Just over two years ago I began training a new client.  We were perhaps 5 or 6 sessions into training.  I had proposed box jumps (on the 10 inch box) as one of the movements for our conditioning one day–and my client looked at me–then looked at the box, and said “No Way!”.  She couldn’t even contemplate getting her body off of the ground, much less jumping 10 inches high and landing on a box!  “I’ll never get up on that thing!” she says.
We all have a nemesis…perhaps it is climbing to the top of  the rope, or running a full 800, or standing on our hands.   Letting fear hold us back can be frustrating!  Watching everyone around you do something you seemingly just CAN NOT do.  However, learning to push through our fear can be exhilarating.  Addicting even!  Once you’ve had a taste of success–all you want is to have some more!


http://www.norcalsc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment